In the Jensen Lab we simply love to look at things, and we believe that movies are often the best way to showcase the 3D nature of our data. Here are all of the movies created by our lab over the years. If your browser is having trouble loading the video gallery below click here to visit our Youtube channel.
Process of building a working model of the Myxococcus xanthus type IV pilus machine
The process of using electron cryotomography, subtomogram averaging, mutant analysis, and previous knowledge of connectivities to build a working model of the Myxococcus xanthus type IV pilus motility machine, providing insights into assembly, structure, and function.
From the publication:
Chang, Y.-W., et al. (2016). Architecture of the type IVa pilus machine. Science.
- Process of building a working model of the Myxococcus xanthus type IV pilus machine
- Architecture of the type IVa pilus machine
- ECT of Bdellovibrio bacteriovorus
- PG Synthesis Simulations
- Cryo-PALM 1
- Cryo-PALM 2
- B. subtilis Sporulation
- Type VI Secretion System
- Hi-Res Chemoreceptor Array Structure
- A. longum Sporulation
- C. crescentus Chemoreceptor Arrays
- T. primitia Motility
- E. coli Peptidoglycan
- C. crescentus Peptidoglycan
- O. tauri
- FtsZ in C. crescentus
- Immature HIV
- C. crescentus Cytoskeleton
- T. primitia Flagellar Motor